Burning Tears In My Eyes

Burning Tears In My Eyes



I ran sixteen miles today

Through the city streets 

Giant shadows fell away 

Tears had washed the day

Who couldn't see the pain?

The grand sun was drowning

It had stained

The far Western horizon with blood 

Night was here again!

Where thugs robbed and raped

The old and the lame that crept!

Who ruled the night?

Only those with might 

Right?

Let the homeless give proof

Those who sleep without a roof

To protect them from evils of night 


I ran sixteen times this day

Around my small city 

And my eyes burnt

They burnt with bitter tears

For years I had held them

Now they hurt

They came from my heart

Yes! Alone hurt 

And who cared if u cry?

So I cried!


I ran sixteen miles in pain 

Trying to live in the past in vain 

Realty of  my society cuts into my veins 

People living life as though a curse

Myself running away from my fears

But wherever I passed

I saw streams of tears

Rolling down the faces 

Of those who had lost traces

Most races end in weak paces

In most cases!


I have run sixteen years today

For being a poet without pay

Yet still I may stay 

To unveil the poor governance in my city 

Where even the rich live in pity

Paying money for a job to get paid

Stuffing the system with brains unworthy 

So the poor may sit

In a dark ugly pit

Of disillusionment and defeat


I ran sixteen miles; to say

The aim was to forget my pain

The same pain seemed stamped everywhere 

As though it had come to stay 

So I stopped 

To take a rest 

A spot I thought was best

Just to be sure, it was late 

The spot was set;

A playground for kids 

With rags and boxes fit,

To make a play-bed

From aside I heard a sound of retreat 

And there was an old woman 

Oh mother of mine trying to catch sleep!


I ran sixteen days of prayer 

For souls that sat and stared

At the over rising animosity 

Yet with thy hands stirred 

Insane leadership:

Souls that are stable 

To help the poor

But are not able 

To realize their power 


I ran sixteen trips of crying 

Out the burning tears in my eyes 

My hands have paralyzed from trying 

And my naked heart beats and dies

To intervals of this time that flies!

©timmypoetlines_



 

Comments

Post a Comment