A Lament For My Muse

 A Lament For My Muse!


Still recounting on this pain
I feel deep inside my veins
My heart beats in vain
Each time I sit to write
The old me feels dead
Something I once dread
And my pen
Feels blunt at its end!

It no longer falls
The dust is dry
It no longer calls
My name when I cry
All I got now is a pen
Blunt at its end!

They no longer flow
The tears I held
No longer burn;
My heart is cold
And so is my pen
Blunt at its end!

She no longer sings
Those songs she sang
Every night in the rain, 
That sting
Of her voice in my brain 
Is what I miss everyday! 
For she insisted to stay 
When I sent her away!
Surely may my pen
Remain blunt at its end!

We no longer talk
On cold nights 
Or when I'm out for a walk 
The bold lights 
Stay out for weeks
And my pen goes so weak
Its dwindling ink at a bleak
And this pen-life seems to end!

My lines feel broken
As they whisper in bitter cracks
They are no longer spoken 
For they grope with cold hands
Through my lonely abandoned art
And speaking in low hoarse tone
This energy seems gone
Someone come hold my heart!

For my pen feels broken
And blunt at its end!

-timmypoetlines -

Comments