Pray For Me

Pray For Me!

 


When the cold night gets still 

And zephyr whistles a name

To spill

Letters of doom

Then my name you spell

From all present in the room

I beg you mother pray for me!


When you dream 

Of me falling in a pit

And you scream 

Or so it repeats

At dawn when the Sun 

Shows up it's tits

I beg you pray for me!


When two plates 

Slip off your grip

Fall; spin,and not break

And the gates

Slum open to no force

But to reveal a face

Of a stranger cloaked in black 

And I'm away

Mother pray for me to stay!


When the ancient owl

Hoots above the roof

Of our poor hut

A few metres from home 

On the ejinga tree

Standing on Papa Arimo's land

Take the glowing wood

And thrust it to that direction 

Let the sparkles that scatter 

Scare away the bad omens


When evening falls

And you walk into the night 

I being the cause for that right 

Then a black dog you meet,

Turn back quick 

And race home

Lie face downwards

And say a short prayer 

For your son!


When morning breaks

And your feet treads

Out for treasures 

To sustain me

Then a frail old being 

Be the first you meet,

Don't greet

Retreat 

And start it all over afresh 

For this life we live 

We need prayers!

-Timmypoetlines -

 

Comments