I Wish I Had A Dad

 I WISH I HAD A DAD

If I had a dad,

I would wake up to his voice 

Smile and wait for his choice

I would dress up Joyce 

Pack her lunch and run to school 


If I had a dad,

I would ride on my bike

In the evenings with Mike;

We would play soccer 

And wait for that hawker 

Who brings milk home


If I had a dad,

Sissy would report home early

And have no boy-friends barely

 She would run and hide

At the sight of your ride


Now I don't have a dad

You decide whether to be good or bad

You study on a ridge of falling out

The food you eat is to eat because you can't do without!


Sissy reports home so late

At times eats not of our plate

She's just sixteen 

But behaves as though that lady

Selling at the teen

Daddy never saw her dress!

She's dressed to impress 

Lusty eyes of strangers 


Home is the best 

But our home is not in the West!

I have to run in the streets hawking 

Just to silence their talking 

I wish I had a dad to walk in!


Sissy is pregnant 

The moon has finally set

Wolves no more howl I bet

The insistent quiet voices have fade 

The man to which the baby was made

Has run away

She's now here to stay!

For that is nature's  final act

Cold touch with a bitter fact!


(πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¬TimmyPoet πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¬)




Comments

  1. πŸ˜”πŸ˜”πŸ˜” just love the ryme n rythm jah bless u bro

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so touching 😭

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true and touching
    I wish I had a dad too

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I had a dad
    I would wake with someone to look up to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. May Jesus be your Dad dearπŸ˜₯

      Delete
    2. thank you, keep doing what you do best🌹❤️

      Delete
  5. Good job
    When I grow up I went to be like you πŸ˜…

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog