Fading Love

 FADING LOVE

I've been sitting and staring; 

Staring into space 

Hoping someday you find a place

Safer than this fence 

I offered for you

See, since the day you left,

My heart's been cracked

The flowers we plucked 

Stacked,and packed 

For our first anniversary 

Have all shucked off!


I was waiting for the right time 

Right dime, and bright life

To prove you the right wife;

See, I blew my fife for you

Singing a love melody 

That later turned to a knife 

Cutting deep into my heart causing strife 

You see I've lost half my life!


I was calling your name 

Trying to recall, 

Perhaps I needed to be told

Maybe I was growing too old;

Too bold to handle 

Gold intended to be sold. 

Perhaps I was a miser, 

Trying to act wiser on 

A riser where everyone 

Presented love so nicer

That same love I intended to spice her

Another used it to snatch her!


So here I am writing a broken love letter 

Cuddled up in your purple sweater

Maybe this will make me feel better 

Though I remain a debtor

For my heart drags a fetter

Locked in the charm of your beauty 

If only we had signed a treaty

To love forever 

But that forever 

Ceases whenever whoever promises 

Whatever and take you wherever

However much I endeavor 

This love I render is fading 

into faint words

I can no longer deliver!


_TimmyPoet_

Comments