Unfinished Melody


UNFINISHED MELODY 

It happened again 

Tears don't pretend 

My heart is in pain

You were my unending tale,

Back in the day

But that was long ago

Before you realized you wanted more

And I was not enough

Yes, I loved you alone

But you wanted it twice!

I guess that is the price 

I had to pay

For insisting you stay

Now, I may say farewell 

To he who once let me dream!


I say farewell knowing very well 

That I really tried

Tried to love you right 

As you were worth to

I set forth my heart to another

Leaving you as the other

Who once made me ponder

I still sit sometimes and wonder

How fast sweetness turned so sour 

From a lover to a bother

And now to a hater

Later, we will have tales to tell

After you settle with someone "better"

Yes, we shall have tales to tell,

Dark tales of how we once stood and fell

Tales of something that went stale!

TimmyPoet & Estherwrites 

Comments